The Vientiane International School believes that one's education never stops. To that end we offer professional learning opportunities for educators and adult members of VIS community at various times throughout the school year.
Lao Language Course
Ms Mai, Lao Language Instructor at VIS, will be offering a course two different courses for VIS teachers and parents.
Beginner (Speaking Course) - for people who are new to the Lao Language or only know a few words
Post Beginners/Intermediate (Speaking Course) - for those that have working knowledge of the language or have taken a course with Mai before. Here are the details:
- Available for: Adults only
- Duration: 10 classes (one lesson per week)
- Time: 4:00-5:00pm
- Where: Room 2203 (second floor, Primary Building)
- Course Fee: $100.00 USD per person - please pay at VIS Cashier before the course starts
- Course Structure: These are speaking courses using the English alphabet to learn to pronounce words and phrases. Lao script is not taught in these courses.
Please register on the VIS website or register with the cashier together with your payment of the course fee. Registration closes on Feb 4 @ 4pm for the Beginner and Feb 18 for the Intermediate Course.
The running of the course will be confirmed on Feb 5 for the Beginner Course and Feb 19 for the Intermediate Course.
Each course requires a minimum of 5 people attending, with a maximum of 12
participants per course.
For more information please contact Ms. Mai at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payment must be made upon registering, no later than the dates mentioned above.
- No refunds will be given when courses are confirmed and classes begin.
- Refunds will be given if your chosen course does not have the minimum requirement of participants to begin classes.