Who we are
At Vientiane International School our mission is to challenge, inspire and prepare learners for life. We provide a safe, respectful, collaborative and sustainable learning environment, a high quality holistic education, empower learners to be internationally-minded global citizens and enrich learning experiences through interaction with the Lao community and our international communities.
Objectives and Outcomes
We provide a safe, respectful , collaborative and sustainable learning environment
- Students have a sense of identity and feeling of belonging, within the VIS community.
- VIS has a respectful, caring and supportive learning environment.
- VIS is a healthy and safe school.
- An environment of collaboration exists.
- Students have an awareness of human rights.
- Sustainable growth and development practices and understandings are followed.
- Parents, teachers and students are actively involved in the process of learning.
We provide a high quality holistic education
- The VIS community demonstrates the IB Learner Profile characteristics and attitudes.
- Students experience a balanced and holistic education.
- VIS delivers the International Baccalaureate, an internationally recognized curriculum.
- Students are challenged and motivated to reach their potential.
- Students are creative and critical independent thinkers with life-long learning skills.
- Students demonstrate intellectual, physical and emotional balance to achieve personal well-being for themselves and others.
We empower learners to be internationally-minded global citizens
- The VIS community is committed to and engaged in community service and action.
- Students are confident and creative builders of the future.
- The VIS community demonstrates intercultural awareness and internationalism.
- Students are able to communicate effectively in more than one language.
We enrich learning experiences through interaction with the Lao community and our international communities
- Students are aware of, understand and appreciate the culture of Lao PDR.
- The VIS community collaborates with the international and Lao communities.